Nobu Inspired Sashimi
One of my wish list items is to actually go to Nobu and try all their dishes. However, in the meantime I will make some of their Tik Tok famous recipes at home! If Din Tai Fung were to serve sashimi, this is what their dish would taste like.
1/2 lbs salmon sashimi
3 cloves grated garlic
1 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp sesame seeds or furikake
6 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp chill oil / or sesame oil
2 tbsp ponzu / yuzu sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
1) Slice sashimi thinly and place on a plate
2) Grate garlic and ginger over sashimi then add a sprinkle of sesame seeds or furikake
3) Drizzle ponzu and soy sauce over sashimi
4) Combine oils and heat in a saucepan until hot, just a couple of minutes as you do not want to burn the oil
5) Carefully pour hot oil over the sashimi. Note: do not have to use all of the hot oil just enough to sear the salmon a bit. I probably only used half.
6) Top with green onion as garnish then enjoy!