Updated: Aug 17, 2022
Chili Crab is easily my favorite dish of all time. This sweet and spicy crab will make you never think of having crab with just butter again!
4 Crabs (note on crabs: ask for crabs to be cut and cleaned if possible from where you buy your seafood)
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 large spoon minced garlic
1 handful basil
1-2 tablespoons chili paste (add more if you like spicy)
Handful of Cherry tomatoes
2-3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
~1/2 chicken or fish stock/broth
1 cup of water
2 tbsp Tamarind Sauce
1) Heat olive oil in a wok or pot and fry onions for 2-3mins.
2) Add garlic, basil and chili paste and sauté.
3) Add in your cherry tomatoes and one crab leg and cook for 1-2mins.
4) Add in your stock of choice, water, sweet chili sauce, and tamarind. (Optional to add larger slices of onion)
5) Lastly add in your crabs and cook for 10-15mins. Remove from heat and let crabs sit for 3 mins to ensure they have been cooked thoroughly.
6) Serve over white rice and enjoy!